4.06.2012

Style Report: Spring Edition

With the (much welcomed) changing weather, Spring trends are emerging as bright, bold silhouettes.  Here are some looks I've been noticing-- and coveting-- this season!

Trend #1: Cap-Toe



Gone are the towering platforms of seasons past. Instead, the classic cap-toe pump is taking over. In an effort to modernize the demure lady-like heels of the 50's, Christian Louboutin uses clear lucite and a contrasting neon pop of color, which leads me to ...











Trend #2: Color Blocking


We've seen this trend before but this time bright energetic colors are paired with muted hushed tones. This really brings out the contrast in color. If you're too afraid to go all out, you can sneak the look into your outfit by concentrating on an area. Choose a funky heel, or accessorize with a colorful belt and fun bangles.








Trend #3: Print-mix



I am so glad mixing patterns is in vogue because I was doing this anyway, but now, rather than looks of bewilderment, my outfits are often complimented! I was even asked to be photographed for a spread in a magazine.






No comments:

Post a Comment